Every day, the experienced and dedicated 100+ team members of NSI Crankshaft work to provide innovative solutions, competitive pricing, and the timely delivery of superior quality crankshafts for customers in commercial automotive, diesel, oil & gas, and military markets.
We are valued partners, trusted to develop new crankshaft designs and materials that help our customers deliver exceptional performance and reliability in their products.
NSI Crankshaft was established in 2008 when Sumitomo Metal Corporation and Sumitomo Corporation acquired Norton Manufacturing. Based in Fostoria, Ohio, our team maintains a global awareness – to meet the needs of the latest engine designs being developed in Europe and Asia.
NSI Crankshaft is the world’s only crankshaft manufacturer to offer complete vertical integration of its crankshaft manufacturing. All steel making, forging, machining, and heat treatment are provided by NSI Crankshaft or a subsidiary of Nippon Steel Corporation & Sumitomo Corporation.
We are valued partners, trusted to develop new crankshaft designs and materials that proactively meet our customers’ needs for innovative solutions to challenges.
Why Choose NSI
- Responsive – We can assist OEMs in mission-critical operations on a timely basis because of available equipment in storage and the location of our manufacturing and production facility, which offers easy access to major highways and railways
- Creative – To minimize project costs, we maximize the use of available equipment or tooling on hand or in the market to fit the needs of our customers
- IATF 16949 Certified – To ensure quality, NSI Crankshaft is certified for IATF 16949
- Stable – Nippon Steel Corporation and Sumitomo Corporation have more than 100 years of manufacturing experience
- Accessible – Based in Fostoria, Ohio, our 205,000-square-foot manufacturing facility offers easy access to major highways, railways, and airports
Our innovative and dedicated team keeps NSI moving forward.
Learn about NSI Crankshaft career opportunities.
We welcome applications from individuals driven to make a difference.
How can we help?
We would like to hear from you!
Call us today at 419-435-0411
or send an email message here.
Ohio EPA has recognized NSI Crankshaft as a 2019 Achievement Level recipient of their “Encouraging Environmental Excellence” (E3) program. Each year Ohio EPA recognizes organizations in the Buckeye State for exceptional achievements in environmental stewardship...